At High Halden School, we recognise the positive link between regular attendance, punctuality and high academic achievement. We want all of our children to achieve their full academic potential and we believe this is only possible if they attend school regularly and on time.
Generally children whose attendance is 95% or above:
- make better progress, both socially and academically
- find it easier to follow school routines
- have an easier transfer to secondary school.
If your child is absent for any reason it is essential that you inform the school.
The absence line number is: 01233 850285
Please remember to call in each day your child is away sick.
Going to school every day is the single most important part of your child’s education. Pupils learn new things at school every day – missing school simply puts them behind and can hinder their life chances.
Parental support is critical in ensuring that children achieve in education. At High Halden we work closely with families to support them to achieve the best possible outcomes for their children.
What can parents / carers do to help?
- Ensure your child attends school every day and on time.
- If your child is not well enough to attend contact the school by 9am on the first day of absence.
- Try to make dental and medical appointments outside of school time or at weekends.
- Take family holidays during the school holiday. We are unable to authorise term time holidays.
- Contact us immediately if you need help or support with your child’s attendance or punctuality.
Let’s work together to achieve consistently high attendance and punctuality. There are only 190 school days in a year and we want to see every child at school every day because every school day counts!