The Governing Body is made up of a combination of appointed, elected Governors representing different elements of the school and the local community which it serves.
Each Governor, other than the Headteacher, normally holds office for an agreed period. In addition, a Clerk to the Governors supports the work of the Governing Body by taking minutes, circulating agendas and documentation.
Governors are responsible for providing:
- Strong links between the school and community
- A wider experience of the outside world
- An independent view and common sense approach
- A form of accountability for the Headteacher and staff
- Support for the work of the school and its team.
Governors act as a corporate group for the best interest of the school and are responsible for policy making and review on a number of aspects of school government. Hard copies of all school policies are available by request from the school office.
Mr Simon Robinson
Ms. Fran Chevis
Mrs Dorothy Lynes
Mr. Nikolas Le Marechal (Chair)
Mrs. Fern Maxted (Vice chair)
Mr. Edward Conba
Mrs. Louise Collins
Mrs Amy Mealham
Mrs Katie Davies
Mrs. Kelly Burlton (Headteacher)
Mrs. Caroline Ridley
Clerk to the Governors
Mrs Jane Phillips